Storm Front by Springie
[Reviews - 3] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Storm Front- 8

Several minutes had passed, with nothing but an awkward silence passing between them. Jinpei covered his face with his hands, peeking between his fingers across the room at Jun and Joe. "Go ahead, kill me. Get it over with."

user posted image

"You knucklehead! Kid, you're lucky I'm sitting here in the ISO building, or they'd be scraping what's left of your carcass off of my bumper! You're gonna wash and wax my car every day for the next year, and that's just the beginning!" Joe seethed. He stood up and paced around the room to calm himself down.

user posted image

"Jinpei, I think it will be better if Joe and I let you live, and make sure you suffer for this." Jun shook her head and bit her lip, trying to maintain composure. She really wanted to give her kid brother a yoyo concussion. "Do you realize what you've just done to Ken? He's got enough to worry about, without you putting crazy ideas in his head!"

"I know, I know, I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you guys, I promise!" Jinpei cowered on the couch next to Ryu.

user posted image

"Damn right, you will," Joe mumbled under his breath.

user posted image

Jun got up quickly, pulled Jinpei by the ear, and headed in the same direction Ken had gone. "We've got to find Ken and straighten this whole thing out!"

Joe and Ryu followed close behind.

When they reached the outside of the ISO building, Ken was nowhere to be found. They stood on the front steps, gazing out over the parking lot, searching for a sign of their leader.

A crash alerted them that something had gone terribly wrong inside the building. They watched as a man ran out of the building, with Ken, in birdstyle, chasing close behind. The man hopped into a car and peeled away. Ken followed suit, taking a small red sports car from its angry owner, and speeding after him.

 

smspeedracer.jpg


Dr. Nambu and some of the other officials jogged out the front door, panting heavily and leaning against the building for support.

Nambu turned and explained to the rest of the team that a Galactor agent had infiltrated the conference, and Ken was in the process of hunting him down.
********************************************************************

Ken's rage only increased after the spy was captured. He had coerced the prisoner to lead him to Galactor's base by spraying him in the face with a fire extinguisher. His brutal questioning techniques surprised and offended his teammates, and Dr. Nambu was horrified that the even-tempered commander of his team was resorting to cruelty to make his prisoner talk.

Ken insisted that the way he had handled the situation was right, and that the team was going to do things his way. His eyes narrowed as he shouted his orders for the team to "move out". Jun was both appalled and frightened by the Eagle's behavior, and was finally reaching her breaking point.


They all felt their skin crawl as they entered the icy realm of the Galactor base. Sensing a trap, they walked in with great trepidation, muscles ready to spring at any moment. However, by the time Katse and his minions finally showed themselves, the trap had been sprung. All five members of the Science Ninja Team had been tricked and found themselves deep in an icy pit.

user posted image

The thick layers of ice began melting rapidly, allowing seawater to seep into the chamber.
The tension between the teammates was at its peak as Jinpei cried out, "I don't want to die!"

"Would that be so bad, Jinpei?" Ken questioned the young Swallow's courage.

"Yes it would," Joe interjected, "I don't want to die because you drug us into your personal problems!"

Ken turned his back to the team. "You don't understand. They killed my father!"
user posted image

The Swan had finally had enough of Ken's sulking. She had felt sorry for him up until now, but his bad behavior and childish actions pushed her over the edge.

"CRYBABY!" Jun yelled, startling the entire team, and causing Ken to gasp in shock. It was so rare for the adoring Swan to talk back to her Commander.

user posted image

"My Dad, my Dad, How long are you going to keep whining like a child? You're not the only one here who's lost your parents...Joe did, Jinpei did, and I did, too! Take a good look at Jinpei, he's at the age where he needs his parents the most, but he's never whined about it once! You're acting like the lone hero of some Greek tragedy! How can you call yourself the leader of the Science Ninja Team! You're just a crybaby... a coward!"

It remained quiet in the frozen pit for several minutes. They could hear the rushing water pouring in, urging them to make a quick decision. Finally, Ken spoke up, calling them to act as a team again; encouraging them not to give up hope.


The glimmer of promise that Ken had come to his senses at last brought smiles to his friends' faces. He ordered them to perform the tornado fighter technique to free themselves from their polar prison.

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]