After Koji by Springie
[Reviews - 1] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
After Koji part 5- Rescue Run

Jinpei peered around the corner and spoke softly. He was unsure of what he was about to find. "Sis? Sis? You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Jinpei...But Koji's not." She spoke softly as she finished bandaging her friend.

"Koji...is alive?" Jinpei stared at the sleeping patient. He was covered in wounds and bruises. "That's Koji?"

"Yes, and he's going to need our help. Can you watch him for a sec? I need to speak with the others." Jun handed him the leftover bandages, and motioned for him to sit on the stool next to the gurney.

She could hear arguing as she approached the flight deck.

"...needs our support. No matter what mental state she's in."

"I'll be damned if I'm going to help that bastard. He's a Galactor agent... and the only good Galactor is a dead Galactor..." Joe and Ken froze immediately when they saw Jun appear in the doorway.

"Jun, is... everything alright?" Ken stammered, unsure of what to say in such an awkward moment.

The Swan's face darkened. "I can assure you that my mental state is fine. I'm not crazy! That man in there is my friend, and Galactor agent or not, I'm going to help him... with or without your support!" That being said, she stormed off, heading back to the sick bay.

Ken, Joe and Ryu's mouths gaped open in astonishment. It was not often that they ruffled the Swan's feathers. But when they did...look out. The deck remained silent after Jun's tirade.

Ryu broke the silence. "Oooh, that's one pissed off Swan you got there..."

"Shut up, Ryu!" The Eagle and Condor shouted in unison.

Now, how am I going to fix this? Ken pondered. He had to bring the team together again.

Jun stormed back to the sick bay. "Jinpei, you can go now...I...I need to be alone..."

"But..." Jinpei wanted to know what happened to change her mood. He knew better than to ask.

"Just go!" Jun pointed to the door. Jinpei left quickly, he knew not to push her any further.

She flung her arms over the sleeping Koji and sobbed quietly. "No one understands. They think I've gone crazy. Koji, please get better; I'll never forgive myself if you don't make it. You're the only one who'll understand..."

"I understand, Jun..."

Jun quickly raised her head and saw a blurry Ken through her tears. He had been listening from the doorway.

"How long have you been standing there?" She sat up, and tried to brush away her tears.

"I'm the white shadow that slips in unseen...remember?" He chuckled lightly. "We're going to land soon. I have arranged for the doctors to be on standby. They'll take care of Koji when we arrive."

"Ken, do you really believe me? I mean, I'm not going crazy...this is Koji." She motioned for Ken to take a good look at the patient. Although he was pretty battered, it did appear to be Koji.

"Jun, please forgive me for what I said earlier...I didn't realize..."

Jun interrupted him. "It's okay, I just want to focus on getting Koji better... it's all my fault that he's in this state."

"Jun, did you forget he was working for Galactor? He tried to kill us!"

"He wouldn't have ended up with Galactor if I hadn't broken up our relationship. I could've saved him...I just know it." Ken reached over and pulled her to his shoulder.

He did understand her. He understood the guilt that comes with being on the team. The innocent lives that could've been saved. The ache that comes with loving someone and having to let go. All because of what? Duty? It felt good to hold her close and to comfort hereven though any closeness between them had been strictly forbidden. His mind rebelled against the restraints. The hell with duty...
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]