Leap of Faith by Daniel Rush, Bibby Rush
[Reviews - 2] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Mark's Place
Sept. 9th

Igor stood concerned as Jason and Tiny brought the still sluggish Mark into the house. "Oh man! You doped out Bird Brain!"

"Had to man." Tiny replied as he got ready to carry Mark up to his room. "He kinda pulled a hang and wiped-out."

"Dude... bummer." Shotgun remarked as he met Princess at the door and took the briefcase from her hands. "We were hoping to get started in sorting these chips."

"I can help." Princess remarked as she tapped Shotgun's shoulder.

"You just as "geeked" as Bird Brain?"

"I taught him the meaning of Geek."

Shotgun grabbed a chair and pulled it over to his computer system. "It's all yours..."

"You better watch him." Casio warned Princess. "He's pulling a snow job on your brain bucket."

"I know." Princess replied as she pulled her chair over to another set-up. "That's why I'm using Mark's computer."

For Keyop, who was feasting on Pringles, that remark caused him to spit. "WHAT? You can use his stuff! Mark won't let me touch it... then again... he lets you touch a lot of his stuff... even when he's naked."

The room exploded in laughter and left Princess hunched into her shoulders as if to try and wish for instant invisibility. Instead... she looked at Keyop like he was in the cross hairs of a rifle.

"I'll deal with you later." Her angry face seemed to emit. It made the boy slowly retreat for more safer settings. "I think I heard Mark calling me, bye!" Keyop jumped from his seat, left the chips scattered on the floor and bounded up the steps and into Mark's room. Corporal Resindez was sitting by the bed when Keyop walked in and closed the door.

"Need something Swallow?"

"Yeah... save me from the Swan. I opened my big mouth again."

"What else is new?" Resindez saw Keyop snarl as he walked over to the bed and look at the sleeping Mark.

"I hope he didn't hurt himself."

"It's not that bad." The Marine remarked. "Next time I'll go with him and stay to watch him. You look tired."

Keyop nodded as he gently slipped onto the bed corner. "Long night. I hurt my left leg, a couple of stitches and a new scar." Keyop spied the extra room on the bed and slowly moved to lie next to his Commander.

"Don't you think? Maybe you should find another place to..."

"I've slept like this all the time." Keyop remarked. "Besides, Mark's always been near me whenever I got hurt so this is just paying him back. I'm tired...don't push me around when I'm tired?"

Resindez took the point. "Fine, just don't wake him up. I'm going to make some kool aid."

"Can I have a glass?"

"Don't see why not."

"Make it cherry!" Keyop pointed with a smile. He leaned back on the bed and felt a hand wrap around his skinny wrist.

"Cherry?... who done that?"

"Mark?" Keyop asked as he turned to see Mark half awake. "You look like a spring chicken."

"You get an arm full of this stuff and you'll see how I feel." Mark replied as he turned on his side. "I overdid things a little and the whole world goes ape shit. My throat feels raw. Could use a beer."

"You can't drink that! After taking that drug?"

"I know Keyop...just a figure of speech."

----------------------

Gorshy, Yugoslavia

September 9th

The happy medium of reckless intoxication, how Gregali wished it could last. He threw his empty glass to a shattering collision with a nearby deer head and sank into his chair in a deep fog of.... what did he care for it, he was blitzed out of his gored.

"157 kills. Not one.... damn it! I never miss.... no one suffers because of me! I, Gregali Korgan the greatest.... be damned to hell!" A bottle of whiskey joined the glass in shattering off the deers head. "Why do I care for the stupid kid? It was a job, I got paid a lot of money. He was an enemy.... who cares." Korgan tried in his limited state of intellect to make reason to his pain but it just wouldn't add up. He felt sorry, full of self hate. He made a mistake, he knew he had left his target alive. He closed his eyes and saw the nightmares before him again as killing after killing flashed across his eyes and ended with his last target pleading in a bloody pool.

"Kill me.....kill me....KILL ME!"

Korgan bolted from his chair and grabbed at the hazy sight of the helmet on a table at the other end of the room. He could swear between the pounding pains in his head that it was speaking to him. He picked it up and was horrified by the sight of the Commander's face looking back at him. It's cold blue eyes cutting into his brain like a torch through steel...

"You fucker! You left me alive! I hope you go to hell... You ruined my life, you left me to suffer for the rest of my life! I hope you see hell!"

"NO!" Korgan screamed as he threw the helmet through a window and fell to the floor in a shivering mad spasm.

--------------------

Mark's Place

Night time

Sept. 9th

Mark finally awoke with a clear head, and an empty stomach, at around 8pm. He still felt sluggish with an over-powering thirst from the drug nagging at his throat and reached for the call box on his night stand.

"Hey? Anyone home?"

"Well... you're up." Came Princess in reply. "You slept like a rock. I bet you want dinner?"

"A gallon of water would sure be nice. Must have been out for a day huh?"

"A precaution in case you decided to try some other dumb stunts." Princess sounded a little stern with Mark.

"Don't you start. Just bring me something to drink or send up Resindez. And get me downstairs?"

Princess snapped back. "Why not walk? You seem so eager to get up."

"I asked you not to start... please?"

"Just promise me you won't try pulling such stunts again?" Princess replied. "I'm not going to see you in that traction bed again."

"Screw that thing. So what's for dinner?"

"There you go, change the subject."

"He's not changing anything." Keyop butted in. "He's got priorities you know."

"I thought as much. You men always think with your stomachs and ass more than your brains."

Mark preferred to end the conversation. "Shoot... she must be at that time again. Always cranky and snappy, maybe I should defect to Cuba?" Mark stopped to look at his calender. "Yup... time to defect to Cuba." Mark smirked then he allowed Corporal Resindez carry him down the stairs where most of the Loft group and Keyop were sitting in the living room, finishing their dinner.

"So what's for dinner?" Mark asked.

"Chicken." Keyop replied with a smile. "Good one too."

Mark's smile suddenly dropped... "Uh...where did you get the chicken?"

"Oh don't get all flustered Mark. I picked it up at the local Holy Farm. Your chickens couldn't even come close to this." Princess snapped as she finished taking a few plates.

"You cooked it?" Mark asked as he took a sample of the meat. "This is great! I thought only Keyop cooked around the house."

"I didn't cook it."

"She got that right! She'd burn it!" Keyop chirped out. Princess gave him on of her we known snarls and sent the boy running behind the nearest obstacle... preferably Tiny.

"She didn't cook it man. It was Igor." Tiny said as he finished off a large chunk of chicken and sat to revel in the feast. "Not so much a geek after all huh Mark?"

"Yup... someday he'll make a nice wife for somebody." Mark said as he rubbed his eyes free of remaining sleep, not knowing that he unleashed a lot of coke spraying about the room. "Any luck with the chips?"

"We haven't even begun." Casio replied. "There's a hundred or so off these broken mother boards that we have to scan. We were waiting till you got up but I guess we're holding off till morning."

Mark agreed, nodding his head as he looked about the room and lowered his brow. "So...where's Jason?"


"I'll give you one guess and it has very long hair. He's sucking face with some girl."

"Keyop!" Princess replied.

"Well it's true! He just might score for once and not get covered in gun powder like always. Do you remember....."

Princess moved to gag the youngster from any further outburst. "Very hard to keep him quiet when he gets his wheels going."

"He's entitled to a little joking Princess after all, Jason has a habit of reducing the female population of Spectra every now and then."

"Don't encourage him!" Princess remarked. She made a few faces to warn Mark about the results of a rabid Swallow's free lancing mouth. She then allowed the boy to go on his way but not without him stopping at the door to throw one last word.

"Oh yeah, Mark, Princess, amusement park, merry-go-round, use your imagination!"

"Get out of here you little brat!"

Mark remembered that one as he lifted his drink to his mouth. Tiny paused in his own feasting to lean against Mark's shoulder. "You know man? Jason's better than a roach motel when it comes to Spectra women? They check in and don't check out." Mark's mouth and nose exploded in coke vapors.

"Ach! Caugh, Caugh" "Damn you Harper!" Mark shouted between laughter and pain. "That hurt!"

"Got you back for that Igor wife joke. How does it feel to have coke shooting from your nose?"

"Stimulating. Could we do something with those chips? I'm sick of lounging around."

-------------------

Jason's Trailer

Trailer park in Shelby S.C.

midnight.

Vasha stood gawking at Jason's small trailer as she got out of the Skyline. "This? You live in this?"

"Hmph... not exactly the Ritz Carlton huh." Jason replied with a smirk. "I hope you liked dinner?"

"Don't get me wrong Jason. Dinner was excellent but I didn't think you were so on the road all the time. You don't have an off circuit place?"

"Well... I got a place up in Maine but I didn't think you'd want to go that far. I also hang around with a friend in Charleston. This isn't a bad place though, gives me some privacy when I need it."

Vasha followed Jason into the trailer and seemed surprised by the upbeat and refreshing conditions. The whole inside was wall to wall, deep tint blue carpet. There was a full mahogany kitchen set-up at one end and a polished bathroom at the other with what seemed to be an oak soaking tub occupying most of the space. "Very nice. You're doing very well."

"I win some key races."

Vasha looked at several pictures on the walls of the trailer. One was a poster like police poster with Jason and another guy posing like a set of gangsters. "Who's this?"

"Just a friend. Known him since I was a kid. We're sort of like brothers, get in trouble together, cause local grief to his adopted Dad."

"I see... and you must be a daily visitor to Jill's Place. You got the bar girl and that kid's pictures all over here too?"

"We all hang together." Jason walked into the kitchen and pulled a set of beers from the cooler. "Want one?"

Vasha had stopped at one picture, taking note of a small cross and medallion danging over an obviously old portrait of two older people. "Let me guess? Your parents?"

"Yeah. They're dead."

"I'm sorry." Vasha remarked as she took a seat on the couch and popped the top off her beer. "I never know my father. My mother died when I was 17."

"My parents..." Jason stopped short. "Forget it. Here's to life as it is huh?"

Both of them took a long swig of their beers. Jason walked to the entertainment center and flipped the switch to play a mood CD from his collection.

"So...what's this?"

"It's called... Dreamless Fiesta." Jason remarked as the mixture of sensual flute and Mexican melody filled the trailer. "You know... if you close your eyes and let things drift? You can get some wild dreams off this stuff."

"Maybe I should try it?" Vasha replied as she closed her eyes and sat wondering what would come next. "It's not working."

"Oh.... give it time." Jason replied as he moved closer to her side and gently started to kiss her on the lips. "Maybe this will cultivate some thoughts."

---------------

Mark's Place

Midnight

Mark awoke with Princess grabbing at his shoulders. "It's alright! Calm down Mark, calm down." Princess said in low tones as she rubbed his arms. "Just another nightmare."

Mark was sweating heavily, panting loudly, and shaking like a leaf. "I was alone! So alone with no one around to help me! I had blood all over the damned place!"

Princess pulled him into her bosom and cradled his head tenderly in her arms. "I know, I know... shhhh... no more tears Mark."

"Why? Why am I still scared? I hate that sniper! I want to kill that bastard!"

Keyop stumbled into the room now. He stood at the doorway wiping his eyes and pulling on his shirt. "What? Not again."

"Keyop? Go back to bed."

"What's going on?" Came the voice of Corporal Resindez as he walked up to Keyop. "Is the Commander ok?"

"He's having a nightmare. Hasn't stopped that since... you know... that day?"

"I see... well let's leave them alone kid. Let the Swan handle the problem."

"Oh she'll handle the problem alright." Keyop felt Resindez grab him by the top of the head. "Let go!"

"That's enough Swallow. Let's go get some tea."

------------

Jason's place

Jason crashed into his small coffee table and sat cursing up a storm as Vasha realized she'd seriously over-reacted. "What in the hell was that for! Am I that bad?"

"Oops." Vasha remarked. "I'm sorry... just startled me and I... well... went nuts."

"You went nuts? I'd hate to meet your Sensei." Jason picked himself up and hesitated sitting down again.

"What? Am I going to bite you or something?" Vasha asked.

"I'm afraid you might cold cock my butt again! Hell, I'd hate to see you really mad."

"I'm under a lot of stress." Vasha said. It seemed her little test didn't work out like she thought. "School and all."

"So? Blow up the school. I'm not a very good punching bag."

"Maybe I should blow up Zoltar and all the idiots who hang around him." She thought to herself. She looked towards the bathroom and the large wooden soaking tub with some envy. "Do you use salts and oils?"

"What? Now you're thinking of torturing me?"

"I mean... for bathing. I haven't been in a soaking tub in years. I'm surprised you knew anything about Japanese tubs."

"I don't. My friend put it in for me. How he did it I don't know, he never looked to me like someone who was inclined to a hammer."

Vasha smiled somewhat wildly. "Mind if I use it?"

"Yeah... if you're not thinking of drowning me?"

"Clown. I said I was sorry."

"Say that again when you throw my naked butt through a window. You scare me woman."

"Right... and you're a hit man who kills people for fun. Or worse? You work for G-Force." By this time, Jason had reached for his beer and almost choked it back out of his throat when Vasha made her remark.

"Wha?...She wouldn't? She couldn't even? Nah..." Jason dismissed the though outright when he looked back and found Vasha had left her socks and a shirt hanging on the back of his couch. "Ummmm... hello." Jason cleared his throat as he started walking towards the closed bathroom door. Along the way, he found her skirt thrown against his leisure chair. Then her bra hanging on a lamp shade and finally a pair of very shear panties hanging on the knob of the bathroom door. He slowly pushed the door open to find Vasha sitting happily in the tub with a big smile on her face. Jason however, seemed more engrossed in the panties than the girl.

"Uhhhh...yeah."

"Well? Are you going to join me or admire my panties?"

Jason looked at her with a smirk. "No. I'm going to wear them."

Vasha just cupped water over her long hair. "Do me a favor and don't stretch those? I know you want to get in my panties but not in that way?"

"Very funny... want some wine? I have Charzan Red?"

"Maybe you have saki instead? They say it... spices up a long night?"

Jason pursed his lips... "Hmmm...I might have some left. Don't let the water get cold ok?"

"I wouldn't think of it."

Jason started tearing the kitchen apart. "Damn it! I know those two left a bottle behind somewhere? They'd better since it was the only thing they paid me for letting them use my pad, couldn't get the smell out of it for a week." Jason fumbled through a cabinet and pulled an empty saki bottle from it.

"Shit! Oh yeah... that's the one me and Mark drank when Princess booted him out of the apartment. Can't remember anything about that night.... cept when he had me thinking I was raped by a big fat German woman.... uggg! I even believed it! Ugg... saki is some serious shit." Jason looked back in the same cabinet again and found another but very pristine bottle of Saki. This one had a post it note over the cap.

"DON'T TOUCH! MINE! TOUCH AND DIE! Yes... Jason... you too."

Jason snarled, pondered over the note, looked at the bathroom, pondered again, and ripped the note from the cap. "Sorry Mark. I'll buy you more!" Jason pulled two glasses from a cabinet and walked to the bathroom, trying to undress at the same time with the bottle and glasses still locked in his hands. The door slowly closes as a woman's soft cooing reveals her delight at seeing the large bottle of rice wine being dangled before her eyes...

*****

Hanger at Mark's field
Sept 28, 2000

"Man... if I get caught doing this, Princess  will kill me."

"Just say you were conned by my incredible  lure of intelig..."

"Intelligence my ass." Jason remarked as he  helped Mark to a shaky stand between a set of  even bars. "She'll Intelligence my ass right  into a size ten fist in the face. The things I  do for you."

"Because you love me. Gimme big kiss."

"Get the.... I'll drop you!"

Mark laughed as he held himself up and began to  swing a leg back and forth. "Well.. I can move  it." It was Mark's left leg that seemed to move  normally. He planted it ahead of his right leg  and stopped with a look of frustration on his  face. "See what I mean? My right leg isn't  getting the signals."

"Well don't get upset." Jason remarked. "Take  your time."

Jason kept Mark supported as he tried to move  his right leg and found it only quivering in  response. "Put me back in the chair Jason."

"You Ok?"

"Fine. A little pissed off but just fine."  Mark sat pondering as Jason placed a glass of  coke in his hand. "So... how's that girl? Dead  yet?"

"Ha, ha, I'm rolling with laughter... not! It  just so happens that she's just great, cept for  being a bit depressed."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. She's Japanese and I think the time  away from home has got her a bit upset. You  being somewhat Japanese, I thought maybe she  could come over one night and have a little fun  with us... you know, you make her a Japanese  meal and all?"

Mark smirked. "Oh yeah, I'll just hop on into  the kitchen and cook a nice dish of Miso soup  and Katsudon."

"Sorry... I just want to do something so she  won't feel strange."

"Dating you makes her feel strange enough. Oh  well... you're the one who's asking so I'll be  more than happy to have her over. If she can  bear a house full of mad scientist, a screaming  eleven year old, and a suicidal rooster on  hormones."

Jason smirked. "Should be interesting. Oh... I  never told you but a few weeks back I drank  your bottle of Saki."

"Huh? The one I left in your trailer?"

"It went to a good cause."

"I bet it did. So how was the aftermath?"

"Fine.... till the sun hit the bedroom window."

"Serves you right pig." Mark smiled, then  smirked in surprise when his right leg began to  quiver by itself. "Son of a bitch."

"Is that normal?"

Mark grabbed for the leg and held it as it  shook wildly for a moment. "Just a reaction of  the nerves."

"You look like Elvis."

"Oh thanks for the pun. "Shake it baby... a  hunka burnin love." There... it's stopped.  BlackJack says it's a sign the nerves are  beginning to get brain waves. It shouldn't be  too long before this leg can move." Mark turned  his head to watch Jason pull away the tarp from  his old Mitsubishi Zero collectable.

"You know what? Between me, Tiny, and Keyop,  we could have this old plane ready to fly by  next year."

Mark rolled his head. "That's my project."

"Bull shit. It'll be another year before you  can even think of flying in anything. We could  start this now and have a spanking new plane  ready for you to fly at your first air show.  Hey, I could even restore the guns so you can  go duck hunting."

"What would I do without you?"

"Puke. Or perhaps be drunk 24 hours a day?  Hey, could go into robbing banks?"

"I think I'll go take my chances with
Charlie." Mark wheeled himself from the hanger  with Jason close behind him and out onto the  strip. It was still dark outside, sunrise not  being for another hour or so as Mark stretched  himself in the seat.

"What about the chips? Any luck?"

"It's a slow process. Igor and the rest have  seven of the largest ones isolated now. He says  each seems covered by a code. It'll take em an  estimate of two more months to crack it."

"Cutting things close. Spectra's been upping  the ante as of late. They started widespread  attacks against power facilities and telephone  systems. They do it real quick so the  authorities have no chance to cut in and trace  it."

"Never thought I'd see the day. Spectra being  smart. Maybe they'll be a miracle soon. Till  then Jason... you have to keep the pressure on."

Jason folded his arms. "Between Rat Bastard  and us? Talk about pressure. But it seems  Spectra is doing better than in past clashes  Mark, it's a bitch keeping up on them."

"I have confidence in you." Mark said as he  patted Jason's arm.

"Better to trust Charlie. Speaking of witch,  where is that bastard?"

"Put the gun away Jason."

"Dam it."

------------

Princess's apartment

6am

The sound of the television awoke Princess from  her sound sleep with a grunt and a moan.  "Oh... I should have never taken those night time  pills for this cold." She said to herself as  she walked out of the bedroom and walked in on  Keyop. The boy was happily crashed on the couch  in a T-shirt with a bowl of cereal in his lap,  watching the Banana Splits with pervasive  interest...

"You ever notice the similarity between Injun  Joe and Zoltar? Separated ugly twins at birth."

"Hey? I was just thinking about that movie  last night, the Horse Whisper? Maybe I could  talk to Charlie like that and get him to stop  being such a mean bird?"

"Well that would be amazing... since you two  are twin bird brains."

"Har, har, har... you are so funny it hurts."  Keyop grabbed the channel changer and flipped  through the channels till he found another of  his favorite shows. "Flipper is so cool... I  wish I could have a dolphin."

"Wish on, I think that seal is good enough for  you. By the way? I talked with Chief Anderson  about you wanting a bigger allowance and he's  going to give it to you.. on one condition."

"Oh no..." Keyop gasped. "Another moral
crutch for me to bear? He'd better not attack  my hair!"

"Oh no... just work over at Mark's place. The  grounds haven't been cleaned in a while and  Chief thinks it's an equal trade-off for  getting a bigger allowance. You should thank  him."

Keyop pursed his lips and thought. "I know  just the thing. Wanna go with me before we go  to Marks? I gotta find a pipe store."

"Breakfast first. I need to get some juice in  me before my head explodes." Princess trudged  into the kitchen with Keyop close behind her.  He slipped by to reach the fridge as she  collapsed into a chair. "Oh... I feel like a  dog."

Keyop poked his head close to Princess as she  held her head down and hid under her frazzled  hair. "You look like a dog."

"Thanks for the observation. I could use a  tall glass of orange juice."

"I thought you'd ask me for a rope and noose."

"You're really wanting to die young."

Keyop's arms flailed. "For once! Can't you  just have some fun when we're alone? You're  such a prune!"

"Well I feel like one right now. That's why I  don't feel like making fun...." Princess  smirked, then smiled, then beckoned Keyop to  her side. "Don't move..."

"Why?"

"There's a spider on your head."

She had him right where she wanted him. Keyop  looked up and suddenly his T-Shirt was wrapped  around his head and a set of super cold hands  were running wildly over his small frame....  "Arrrrrggggg! Cold hands!"

"I would like my Orange juice now!"

"Your hands are cold! Let me go!"

"Oh look! A tag....ATOMIC WEDGIE!"

Princess sent the youngster screaming and  scampering around the apartment with every  notable obscenity and cuss word flowing out in  all their raptured glory. She was very pleased  with herself... much at Keyop's own expense.

"You wanted funny. Next time... don't deny me  my orange juice when I'm sick."

------------------

Spectra Spy nest 27

Charleston S.C.

"Report?"

"Nothing yet... I think you've given me a very  tough, if not impossible, assignment."

"That's not for you to decide!" The Spectra  Captain snarled as he got in Vasha's face.  "Your orders are to stay around the ISO complex  and watch for a group of kids going in and out  and to follow them where ever they go. It seems  you're more interested in something else  though... perhaps we should step in and solve  your little distraction problem?"

Vasha snapped back. "I told you! I'm doing my  best! I have a lead, call it what you will but  I work in my own way and it works for what  Zoltar desires!"

"Oh it does? I guess laying in a bed spread  legged makes for a good use of time?"

Vasha jumped at the fat Captain and threw a  kick that he easily absorbed in the upper arm.  He grabbed for her flailing leg, pulled her to  him, slapped her about and threw her into a  wall. By the time she recovered, a pistol  barrel was looking her in the face. "I should  kill you, you stupid Earth SLUT! I don't have  the time or the availed resources to do it. You  get one last chance to do the right job... if  you fail to find them by the end of the week,  you'd better not come back." The Captain gave  Vasha one last gift, another hard slap that  sent her crashing to the floor. "Make up your  mind bitch."

Vasha sat wiping her face free of a trickle of  blood. "Oh yeah..." She thought to herself.  "I have made up my mind. You won't like it,  that's for sure."

----------------

Sam Hathaway's pipe shop

Charleston City Plaza

10am

Keyop was a kid who remembered things.... like  wedgies. He also had a streak of revenge a mile  long.... and some. So it was not surprising that  he was spending almost the whole morning  driving around a very bumpy Mall parking lot,  taking curves like a maniac and testing the  bounce of his small buggy...

"Aw.... Prinny? I think you're looking a little  white." "SLAP!" "Ow! Whatcha hitting me for!"

"For acting like a dufus! Now quit this
fooling around and find a place to park before  I park a fist up your nose!"

"Boy.. .must be PMS again..."

"I will give you PMS... Pummel a Miserable  Swallow..."

Keyop quickly parked the car, set the brake,  and sat moping with a look of disdain on his  face. "What's with you lately?"

"Huh?" Princess replied.

"You heard me. You've been acting like a bear  for a whole week! You treat me like I'm a real  pest you don't want in the house anymore! Are  you getting enough sleep? Did I do something  wrong or did Mark..."

"Stop it Keyop... I'm not..."

"You're right you're not feeling good. As of  late... you've looked more like..."

Princess warned the boy with a finger.
"Don't!...."

"I was going to say, you're looking more like  Mark is now. Both of you got the crab apples.  His? He just bites the head off. You? It's cut  the throat. You both got the blaggle ghats."

Princess smirked. "What?"

"Blaggle ghats... my newest word. Cross between  coughing, sneezing, farting, and hic upping all  at the same time."

"There's no possible way you can do that."

"Tiny? I've heard it."

Princess chuckled at first, then as the
horrible picture filled her head... she all but  fell from the small buggy in roaring laughter.  "OH MY GOD! YEEEEUGGGGHH!"

Keyop waited till just the right moment... "Oh  my! A tag! SUPER SWALLOW WEDGIE!"

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIP!"

"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG ! YOU LITTLE BASTARD!"

"Don't worry Princess!" Keyop shouted from the  distant door of the mall. "Mark will get it  out!"

Princess scrambled to her feet... in severe  humiliation... and stood like a Viking warrior  from a Richard Wagner Opera... "Oh you are so  dead! When I catch you, you shall be nothing  but a spot where once you stood!"

"Oops... I think I played this song and dance a  little too much." Keyop took off towards the  pipe store with a very angry and screaming  Princess hot on his behind.

The owner of Sam Hathaway was surprised when an  out of breath boy came running into his shop  and slid to a stop before the counter. "Excuse  me! Huff,huff... Do you... huff huff... have  a... huff... god sized..."

Keyop didn't get to finish before he felt the  tug of hands grabbing at his shirt. "Oh shit."  the boy yelped as the clerk watched him jerked  off his feet and flown like a flag out of the  shop by a very red faced teenage girl.

Princess held Keyop up by his balled up shirt.  "Now... give me one reason why I shouldn't  reduce you to orange juice pulp."

Keyop didn't hesitate. He quickly made a scene  in front of passers by, he gave Princess a kiss  on the cheek and hugged her about the neck.  "Mmmm... I love you Sis, this is the best sister  I ever had! Mmmmm...."

"You're lucky I have a heart."

"You're way too easy."

"Where's the nearest trash can?"

--------------

Downtown

Charleston

11am

Jason stood looking at his watch in a sense of  frustration. "I told her I'd meet her here at  10:30... must be staying late at school." Jason  looked up and down the street and finally saw  Vasha running around the corner of a building.

She was fighting to compose herself, hoping  that the makeup would hide the slap mark on her  cheek. "Bastard, fat Spectra bastard... you  want me to do my job? I'll do it alright... I'll  do it too well.... I'll make you pay you fat..."

"What's up?" The voice of Jason suddenly woke  her out of her anger. He stood by his car,  wiping a set of sun glasses and wondering what  she was babbling about. "Something got you  upset?"

"Nothing... just news from some friends in  Japan. A girlfriend getting beaten by her  boyfriend... the guy's a total bastard."

"Nothing you can do here. Is that what's got  you upset?"

Vasha nodded... "She's really in a bind. Torn  between him because he supports her and  herself... what would you do?"

Jason smirked. "Simple... have her kick his ass  all over the apartment. You know men respond to  really angry women... especially when they  resort to all kinds of madness... I recommend a  bat and a few broken things of his.... like his  car."

"I might suggest that." Vasha slipped into the  car and sat silently as Jason drove out of the  City and into a suburb. She thought... "What if  my feeling is right? What if I and then  he... What do I do?"

"You're being quiet. Open up!" Jason said. "I  know you're going to love my friends. I should  warn you though... insanity is a common virtue  around the house."

"What friend is this?" Asked Vasha

"Same one you seen in that picture. He's part  Japanese, you two might relate. I have to  caution you though... he was in a hunting  accident last year and crippled by a stray  bullet."

"No!" Vasha replied. "That's horrible."

"Was for the first few months, but he's
getting better. Just don't bring it up to him  or make comments... he's still having bad dreams  about it. You'll like him though, a real nut."  Jason turned off the main road and followed a  dirt trail into the open airfield ahead. He saw  Keyop standing on the side of the trail, raking  away at a bunch of leaves.

Keyop saw the Skyline slow to a stop and  snickered as Jason dropped the window.  "Well...about time they gave you honest work  Kid."

"I didn't do it all by myself. Tiny helped me.  He's gone off to get lunch."

"I kind of noticed the grass was shorter  around here." Jason looked about but soon found  some parts of the grass around the field a bit  un-even. "What happened? You guy's didn't get  all the grass."

"We.... borrowed chief's Don Jeer tractor.  Haven't gotten use to it. Hey? Who's the pretty  chick?"

"Keyop! She's not a chick!"

"Could have fooled me. I'm Keyop, awesome  ladies man of the...."

"VRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMM." Jason quickly drove  off.

"Hmph... he's jealous of my awesome
muscles...." Keyop said as he flexed his arms,  stood like a weight lifter, and promptly hurt  himself punching on arm with a fist.

Jason drove up to the small two story and  beeped the horn twice to let those inside know  he was coming in with an outsider. Princess was  looking from a crack in a shade while Corporal  Resindez stood near the door with his handgun  behind his back. The rest of the Loft people  were busy cleaning the living room, hiding  papers, and stashing loose equipment up in  Mark's room.

"I knew he would do this one day." Princess  remarked as Mark wheeled by her and rolled up  to Resindez.

"Do me a tiny favor... put the gun away?"

"I have my orders."

"Your orders don't have insurance against a  mad Condor jacking you up for having a weapon  covering his girl. Put it away please?... Or  I'll shoot you myself."

Resindez put the weapon away with a long sigh.  "I'm just trying to protect you Commander."

"I wish you were around a year ago." Mark said  as Jason knocked on the door. "I GAVE AT THE  OFFICE AND THE CHECK'S IN THE MAIL!"

Jason smirked. "See what I mean? Open the door  Mark!"

"SORRY! DON'T WANT NO AMWAY!"

"Mark? Open the damned door before I kick it  and you across the living room!"

Mark opened the door. "You're so lacking in  laughter Jason."

"Comes from knowing you and your stupid jokes.  This is Vasha, I think you know about her  already?"

Princess walked up beside Mark. "Poor
thing... I feel your pain. How you ended up  being kidnaped by our resident wild man is  beyond me."

"You're being nice today."

"I'm not feeling well. You wake up with a cold  and hang around with Keyop... see if you feel  "fun and fresh" "

Mark looked up with a smirk and worked one  corner as Princess spoke. "Oh bitch, bitch,  bitch, bitch.... "SLAP!"

"I heard you."

"See Vasha? What did I tell you? Never a dull  moment."

Vasha suddenly zoned out... she stood as if  she'd seen a ghost. The video? The close up of  the man being hit in the back? It couldn't be?  It can't be? No.... "He's alive?" She felt a  set of hands grab her on the shoulders.

"Hey!" Jason said as he shook her. Vasha did  the only thing that came to mind... she faked  crashing to the floor. "Holy shit!" Jason  yelled as he dove to catch the falling girl.  "Someone get some water!"

"You know... I know I'm funny looking but  damn."

"You can be such a jerk at times Mark! She's  fainted!"

"I know she fainted. I'm sorry I can't just  jump to the kitchen and play fetch." Mark said  as Princess came by him with water. They soon  had Vasha sitting up on her own.

"I'm so sorry... I haven't slept in days and I  don't eat very much."

"I wonder why?" Mark said under his breath. He  got a jab from Princess and a look of death  from Jason. All he could do was feign ignorance  by shrugging his shoulders and resorting to a  gaunt look. "I'm crippled not dead."

That wise crack brought the house down. Even a  laugh from Vasha. "This guy? The great G-Force  Commander?" She thought. "What a farce! He  wouldn't act like this clown. He's a hired  killer, a mass murdering pirate.... not this."

"Crippled not dead?" Princess looked at Mark  like he was crazy... "You're so sick at times I  think I should leave you."

"What? What did I say this time?" Mark took  the defense as Princess grabbed his chair and  pushed him away towards the computer. "Go... go  play games and stop poisoning this young  girl... she's got enough trouble with Jason."  When Jason tried to snap back, Princess pointed  a finger at him. "Don't you dare!" She then  turned to Mark. "Don't you even think of it!"  That left Mark sitting with a gaping jaw.

"Hi everybody! Hi chick!" Came the squealing  voice of Keyop as he kicked the front door open  and wallowed into the house with a big fat  rooster in his small arms. "Lookie what I  did!"

The whole room suddenly froze. "What? I told  you that Horse Whisper thing would work. Just  look at him Mark, just as cool and happy as he  can be."

Mark calmly raised his hands. "Um.... Yop? Just  back out of here nice and slow... take Charlie  back to the cage?"

"But...he's..."

"Keyop, he's psyco... put him back in his cage  before something startles him." Mark looked  over at Jason, who was putting Vasha before him  as he slipped towards the kitchen. "Jason?  Don't slip out... nice of you to put your  girlfriend ahead as a human shield."

"What?" Vasha said softly. "That's just a  chicken."

Jason replied. "No... that is psyco chicken.  Keyop? Why aren't you moving yet?"

"Because I have him all nice and calm and you  guys are being mean to him..."

Tiny Harper was pulling in front of the house  in his van and smiled widely as he carried bags  of Kentucky Fried Chicken towards the open  front door. He didn't even notice Keyop as he  came up behind him and uttered for all to  hear...

"HEY! IT'S LUNCH TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!"

The once docile Charlie's head purked up in a  sudden response to a threat... "Urk?" He then  lived up to his reputation as the Rice Powered  Psyco Rooster from hell.

"BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAK!" With one loud
shreak, he turned to bite the nose of poor  Keyop, jumped from his arms, slid across a desk  into Shotgun's arms and began to do Kung Fu  Chicken Chops on the poor teens head.

"AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGG! OWOWOWOWOWOW...."

"SON OF A BITCH!" Igor screamed as the mad bad  bird came his way. He leaped atop a chair in an  attempt to scare the plumbing poultry by  looking bigger.... didn't help at all as Charlie  made a bee line for the man's bear feet.

"OH SHIT!" Igor screamed as he leaped from the  chair and onto the couch, he could hear the  legs snap from under him and the fiendish sound  of a mad rooster continuing its assault on his  tender feet. "GET THIS THING OFF ME MAN!"

Princess came up behind the rooster by soon got  a face full of flapping wings and kicking  chicken feet. "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH... HELP MARK!"  She screamed as she sough the help of her  Commander, who was already in retreat at full  reverse in his chair.

"You help yourself! MAD BIRD! MAD BIRD!"

"Help me Mark!" Princess screamed as she  ducked behind his chair. Wrong move as Mark's  wheels ran over her sensitive toes.

"Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh! Get off my feet! Get  off my.... SHIT! Here it comes!"

Princess pushed Mark towards the demon Rooster  from the seventh level of hell and caugh it as  it leaped at him. "Tiny! Catch it!"

Tiny was un-prepared as Charlie landed among  his bags of cooked bird and seemed even more  ticked off as it made a full assault against  the food and the un-lucky pilot. "Catch hell!  I'm out of here!" Tiny threw the bird back to  the floor and bolted with a trail of food  following his fast moving body.

Charlie next turned his attentions to poor  Casio, who was trying to guard his stack of  chips at his computer board. The rooster landed  among them with a crash, sending the whole  orderly pile into confusion. Casio cussed it  out and pushed it off the table. "Someone  catch this crazy thing! Damn it! I have to  start this all over again!" The young African  grabbed one of the chips amidst the confusion  and popped it into his multi-tiered test board.  "Keep that KFC reject away from my board!"

Mark screamed at Jason, who was busy hiding  behind a chair from the stalking ball of  feathers. "Jason! Get the net from behind the  door!"

"Let me guess? You want me to catch that!"

"I order you."

"Fuck that! You get it!"

"Come on my knight in shining armor!" Vasha  laughed hysterically. "Let's see what you can  do against a dangerous chicken!"

Jason couldn't turn it down. "I must be stupid  to do this... everyone shut up!" Jason walked  slowly to the door as Charlie seemed to be  getting tired of his antics and stood quietly  near the stereo. "Everyone be quiet.... Now  come on Charlie... nice Rooster... let's go out  and see your girlfriends man... just relax...."  Jason's face suddenly went blank...

"I'm talkin to a fucken chicken."

Jason turned his head to see Vasha totally  loose it. She rolled around the floor in  hysterical laughter.

"Shhhhhhhhhhh! Quiet! You'll make him mad!"  Jason beckoned. He could hear Princess wining  about her foot and the sudden "whap!" of a shoe  bouncing off Mark's head.

"Could you both stop screwing around so I can  catch this damn bird?"

"Uh... it's a rooster?"

"IT'LL BE FUCKEN DINNER WHEN I'M DONE WITH  IT!" Jason snapped back... he suddenly heard  Charlie clucking up a storm again.  "Shhhhh... no Charlie... calm down man... I didn't  mean that.... shhhhhh... this sucks. Now just  relax..."

"BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGG!" Came the loud  bell of the living room telephone... as if the  fight bell just went off again...

"BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!"

"SHIT!" Jason yelled as Charlie began his  insane rampage through the living room again.  This time... it attacked Jason with all its pent  up poultry furry!

Vasha was still laughing and rolling about the  floor. All but helpless as Charlie bounced over  her, stood on her head, pecked at her hair, and  crowed. She simply waved him off with a hand as  Jason threw his net over her head!

"Jason! I'm cackling but I'm not Charlie!"

Jason pulled the net off Vasha who laughed even  harder as she watched Charlie corner the small  boy of this group of strangers. Keyop was  trying to reason with the irrate feather duster  as Jason came up behind it.

"Please calm down! I'll give
you..... ummm.... my favorite baseball card!"

"And I'll give you.... THE NET!" Jason dropped  the net right on target and scooped up the very  upset but soon very tired rooster. "Just call  me Tarzan, Legend of Smoked ham!"

"More like Legend of the bull shit thrower."  Keyop snickered.

Princess walked up with a towel and draped it  over the hanging bird. "Now that should clam  him down."

In all this time it seemed that Vasha didn't  once stop laughing. She stumbled to the side of  Mark's chair still laughing and crying from all  the madness.

"I told you!" Jason shouted. "You asked to  see the monkey cage here, remember that."

Vasha tried to catch her breath but found  herself broken up with still more crazy  laughter.... "Oh my God! I've never laughed so  hard!.... this was nuts! Oh.... I haven't had  this much fun since I joined Spectra!"

The living room suddenly went deathly quiet...  "Oh oh....Jason dear? We need to talk."

*****

September 28, 1999
Mark's house.

Jason stood gritting his teeth against the growing tension in the suddenly quiet  room. "Don't freak, please don't freak...."

"SON OF A BITCH!" Screamed Corporal Resindez as he drew his 9mm handgun from  behind his back. "YOU MOVE AND I'LL BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF!"

Keyop and Princess moved on instinct to protect Mark, each drawing their weapons  and standing poised to attack at a single flinch. Mark just sat with a look of  surprise, then again... another look as if he'd told everyone so.

"Damn Jason! You're batting a perfect game as always!"

The Loft guys weren't amused at all. They jumped all over the room trying to  gather papers, chips and other loose items in their hands. "She's a friggen  Speck! Quick, grab the chips!"

"Don't kill me!" Vasha pleaded as she threw her hands up. "I want asylum! I  defect! Don't kill me! Jason?" She turned to him and saw the cold look in his  eyes. "Please, I beg you!" Vasha threw herself at him. "For God sakes, I'm not  a killer! I'm not one of them! Please!..."

Jason closed his eyes and waved his hand in the air. "Marine? Put the damned gun  down."

Resindez shuddered at first, then lowered the weapon when Mark added his own  confidence by pushing Keyop and Princess aside. "This place just became a  dangerous place because of you."

"You? It is you?..." She remarked as Mark came up.

"I'm certainly not Robert Redford. You're not Spectran so your lucky I'm still  feeling sympathetic. I'm not feeling too generous to Spectrans."

Vasha didn't dare say anything as Mark passed her by and took Jason out of the  house. Even though Resindez kept his gun down, Keyop was still poised to fire  his bola across the room.

"You move...and I'll kick you ass. Oh yeah...I take back the "chick" remark.  You're really a bitch."

Princess bonked the boy on the head and brought him out of his "cocked" stance.  "Cool it Wyatt Earp!"

"But?"

"If she wanted to do anything, she would have done it by now. I guess I should  call Chief Anderson about all this."

"Oh boy...he's gonna be upset."

Outside the house, Jason was kicking up the dirt and snarling under his breath.  "How the hell was I supposed to know who she was?"

"Your great sense of intuition has always been keen. Did you "feel" it?" Mark  asked. Jason stopped in his tracks.

"I....I did."

"That's the one curse with the implants... increased perception skills. I could  be jumping mad but as you see.... I'm not good at jumping right now."

"Cut the comedy Mark!" Jason snapped.

"Who's being comical? Just wanted to show you that I have a level head... of  course, you thought more with something else as usual."

"Shit! What do you want me to do? Princess has you, Tiny has Alice,  Keyop?... well who knows what animal he likes this week..."

"I'm.... not going there."

"Shit!" Jason was so frustrated. "Every time!"

"Jason... look on the bright side. You've had sex with her how many times? And  she hasn't died yet? This one might be a keeper."

Jason walked over to the chair looking to kill Mark with his bare hands...  "Oh... If I wasn't so fond of you, I'd wring you neck!"

"Like I said... at least she's not Spectran, she's more apt to run or defect  than stay loyal. What's her background?"

"I think she was a minor mole. I remember seeing her during our Tokyo ops a few  months back. Might be a kid they picked off the street, gave a few B rated  classes too, and threw her into the four winds."

"Humph... minor two bit foot soldier. The normal type. Promised lots of money  and all that B.S. Spectra gives." Mark drew a deep breath and pursed his lips.  "Might as well face the music with Anderson. It was my call to put the Loft and  the chips here. Now...."

"Beeeeeep....beeeeeep....beeeeeep...."

"And speaking of the firing squad." Mark tapped his bracelet. "Yes Chief?"

"What's this I hear about a Spectra defector at your house!"

Jason threw his hands up. "Speaking of spies... Princess can't wait three  minutes before she goes babbling the news!"

"Relax." Mark said. "Yeah Chief...She's Japanese. Looks like a typical foot  pounder who got involved with the wrong Cooperate group..."

"Bring her and everything else in that house to the ISO complex at once. I want  her searched... by Princess... understand?"

"Yes Sir." Mark replied. He then looked back at Jason. "I'm afraid for now  that you won't be able to see her. We have to keep you two separated."

"I want to talk to her alone."

"Alright... but I want Princess to finish looking at her before we go. And she  doesn't ride in your car. I'm not angry with you Jason."

"Not as pissed as I am... I've got lousy luck."

"No.. .just killer heat seeking loins."

"You'd better shut up about roach motel! I hear one word and I'll forget you're  crippled!" Jason said with a smirk as he turned for the house. Inside, Vasha was  still standing in one place with Keyop facing her with a look of a vulture on  his small face. Jason grabbed him by his pants...

"Back off Snoopy. Let's go get a soda."

"Jason?" Vasha called as Princess tapped her on the shoudler.

"You're better off forgetting him for now. You and I have some talking to do."  Princess lightly pushed Vasha towards the stairs up to Mark's room with Resindez  bringing up the rear with his still drawn pistol. Below, Mark was meeting with  Igor and his group.

"So just how much danger are we in now?" Shotgun asked Mark.

"Bombs, a mecha squashing the house, assassins, psycho women in red tights,  that sort of stuff..."

Shotgun turned to Igor. "What the fuck have you gotten us into man?"

"Relax guys." Mark replied. "They won't know where we are. This girl's a low  grade street flunky they don't even keep tabs on. Like the house cat who leaves  for weeks and comes home to say hi and get fed."

"She has to be a flunky to be hooked on Jason." Keyop remarked as he sucked  down his soda.

"No man. The more chosen word is... ditz." Tiny remarked.

"No... suicidal." Mark remarked again. He could see that Jason was getting  angry. "Oh... Jason? You were standing there the whole time? Sorry man. Just  lighten up, we don't really mean it."

"Yeah right. Now you don't mean it. If I hear one more word about death droids  or killer bimbos from outer space..."

Tiny sighed. "You're going to stromp off, pout like usual, and return to duty.  Look Jay, we're all feeling for you. Can't you just relax? I bet the Chief and  Zark will fix things up."

"Can they fix a busted heart?" Jason replied as he stomped out of the house and  slammed the door behind him. Tiny looked at Mark with a slight frown...

"I... think we went to far with the jokes."

"No... he's just upset, more so at being cursed with the implant than anything  else. To be honest? He'll start making jokes in about an hour or so, you watch."

"You think they'll drill her?" Keyop asked Mark.

"Nah... I don't think she knows anything important."

"No." Keyop said again. "Do you think they'll "drill" her? I hear those cyborg  skins are very tough."

"Keep on and I'll tenderize your butt. She's human Keyop."

"They all look human till their heads fall off. Maybe I could pop it off with a  spanner wrench?"

Mark reached next to a chair for a small paddle in the magazine rack. "Maybe I  can pop off your butt with this paddle. Stop letting your weird imagination get  to you."

"I'm just being careful."

Mark shook the paddle.

"Ok... I'll shut up."

------------------

12pm

Red Ranger Island

Rongalop Atoll in the Pacific

Duke and Dodge walked into Cronis's office and stood at his desk while he was  absorbed in watching CNN.

"Hey Boss? What's going on?" Duke asked as Dodge reached for the six pack of  soda on Cronis's desk.

Cronis pointed to the Television. "Spectra attacked the downtown industrial  center in Chigazaki Japan about fifteen minutes ago. Three crow mecha flew in  under an electronic hale storm. Seems Spectra launched a full scale test of  their Electronic Warfare Net at last."

"Shit." Dodge remarked. "How bad was the attack?"

"Chigazaki took major bombing damage. The World Wide Web hubs went down, the  stock exchange closed, the whole Island went on full alert, three nuclear power  plants went into full SCRAM shutdown.... all together it's been an interesting  day." Cronis rose from his seat and walked to a large map on one of the walls of  his office. "So guess what we're going to do boys?"

"Excursion? A little downtown shopping?" Duke remarked.

"You got it. I'm having the jets fitted with deep bore bombs and mighty mite  rockets. The Spectrans may have gotten away clean with their attack on Japan but  they weren't to careful covering the trip home." Cronis tapped the suspect  location on his map.

"Tinian Island?" Duke replied as he walked over and focused on the location.  "We've flown over that before. No where else could suit a crow mecha for a better  runway. The original B-29 airfield is still there."

Cronis smiled. "I knew they had a base there for a while. Just needed them to  prove it. Let's see how good their damned Electronic Warfare is when we come  hopping off the deck at 50 feet and shove a few bombs up their ass."

Dodge shrugged his shoulders. "What? You're not going to call Anderson? You  mean we're going in there by ourselves?"

"What's wrong with that? This could get exciting for once, unless you prefer to  babysit the kids again?"

"I'd rather pull my hair out. But we could use them for a nice decoy?"

Cronis waved the thought off. "No...let's give them the day off. Set your  alarms for 6pm and get some sleep."

Duke waited for Cronis to walk from his office before commenting to his partner.  "Sometimes I think he dreams for long odds so he can watch us sweat."

"Na... He thinks it's funny to drop us on top of a fully loaded mecha base and  watch us outrun SAMs... it's the only thing he can count as sex."

----------------

Mark's House

1:30pm

Mark shook his head and tapped his wristband. "Chief? About the defector? She's  pretty shaken up. Jason's up in my room with Princess. You can guess why?"

"She's afraid. I wouldn't blame her."

"I don't think it's a good idea to move right now. Besides, we haven't been hit  and I doubt the Spectrans even wasted their time placing a professional tail on  her because they should have reacted by now. Jason wants to keep her here and I  kind of second the motion."

Mark could hear Anderson taking in a long breath. "I kinda figure you don't  like the idea?"

"I'd rather have her brought to the main compound. Do I need to explain why?"

"For one Chief, she's not Spectran and you know what Spectrans think about  humans who spy for them. She'll be safe here, I swear. Heck... my place isn't  even on a map. Remember how long it took you to find it the first time we came  out here?"

"Three hours. That's no excuse for a more secure facility but you're making the  call and since Jason agrees I have to trust you. That sounds insane."

Mark smirked. "I'll make sure she's under the required bars and grill security  stuff Chief. Now.... about this Japan thing?"

"The team isn't welcome. Cronis is handling this situation."

"Just like him." Mark replied, pursing his lips. "He could use the team to  cover his back at least."

"Don't stress over it Mark." Anderson replied. "By the way, it's time for you  ranging and shots at the complex medical center."

"Oh joy." Mark replied with a frown. "Can I defect?"

"You may not."

"Shit."

---------------

Mark's room

It took her a while to open the door, leaving Jason to sit and think of what to  say. Vasha didn't say anything as she slowly allowed the door to swing behind  her as she took a seat on the bed. Jason tried not to look at her as she sat  with her head lowered and hair somewhat a mess.

"Surprised? You'd think he could be a bit cleaner than this." Jason said as he  looked around Mark's room. He finally focused on Vasha as he pulled a chair up  to the bed. "Are you...." Jason tried to brush a hand over her face but took a  swat by a hand instead. "I'm sorry..."

"Sorry? I should be sorry. They made it sound so... I feel..." Vasha started to  cry before Jason quietly took her into his arms.

"I knew that was you at the bar in Japan... I guess I tried to deny it."

"I feel violated... more so because I was stupid enough to trust them... good  money and all the wishful thinking they could shove down my throat. The  examination was awful."

Jason pursed his lips. "Standard procedure. We couldn't chance you being some  crafty cyborg or a walking human bomb. Spectra's used human bombs before... I  know all to well. You're lucky you had the mind to chose for your own life. I  haven't met many Spectra spies who wanted to live."

Vasha took a deep breath. "So what now? Treason? Spying?... What will happen to  me?"

Jason shook his head. "I don't know. We have to get you to a more safer place  where you can get debriefed. After that? They might suck the brains from your  head."

"Your humor doesn't go very far Jason. I'm being serious."

"Alright. They might change your identity and give you some kind of deep  protection. You'll just have to live with what comes."

Vasha stood up from the bed and walked over to a small window at the other end  of the room. She could see Tiny Harper and Keyop below as they helped Mark into  Harper's van. "I didn't know he was so young. I always pictured the Commander  of G-Force as some muscle bound athlete in his 30's not a teenager like that."

Jason slapped his head. "I sometimes wonder if all women are blind. Try living  with him."

"You jest! He's stuck in that hell of a chair and you laugh?"

"If you did what I have to do? You find ways to laugh even in the depths of any  despair. You'd be surprised when you get to know him long enough. He tries to  laugh at everything despite the negatives... Like you should."

"That's funny to hear from one who's been known to be brutally cold."

"Rumors spread by my enemies." Jason smiled as he heard a knock on the door.  "Looks like I'll never have any peace."

The door opened and Keyop trudged in. "Can I tell her something?"

Jason shrugged. "What?"

"I guess I was kinda hard." Keyop said as he played with his fingers. "I kinda  called you a bitch."

"I don't know why you wouldn't." Vasha replied. "I understand why. You don't  need to..."

"Do you love him?" Keyop asked, pointing at Jason. The Condor looked like he  could boil an egg on his head.

"I guess I do..." Vasha replied as she looked at Jason. Keyop shrugged and  smiled.

"Well... I guess that's great but I hope you'll find a good insurance policy  that covers bed olympics. I got this...."

"KEYOP! GET OUT OF HERE!" Jason snapped as he jumped at the boy and sent him  running from the room.

"What was that all about?" Vasha asked.

"Like I said, rumors spread by my enemies... and a little runt who gets under my  skin. I'm sure you'll hear about it sooner or later."

Princess came walking into the bedroom next, finding Jason somewhat  "involved"...  "Excuse me? I think you should look around you before you decide  to... "do the carpet Mombo?"

"Damn it Princess!" Jason snarled. "I'm trying to help her!"

"Yeah... like she really needs your help right now... except for a little  understanding of the danger she's put herself in. Mark's decided to keep her  here for now but she'll have to be moved sooner or later."

Vasha moved closer to Jason's side. "You're not going to have him leave me?"

"I'm sorry." Princess replied. "Until we get you settled in and end this cloud  over you, you and Jason have to split up. It's...."

"Oh bull shit." Jason snapped.

"Bull nothing." Princess remarked. "Chief's orders, not mine. Corporal  Resindez will be assigned to guard you until two perminant tags can be assigned.  Jason..."

Jason jumped up and walked past Princess with an angry snarl on his face and  slammed the door behind him.

Vasha was stopped from getting up by Princess's stern gaze. "I'm sorry, rules  are rules. Jason has a hard time taking them seriously. Believe me, this is as  much for his benefit as it is yours."

----------------

Rongalop Atoll

4pm

The three Red Rangers walked from their small map room with Cronis in the lead  as usual. He was strutting with fixed purpose of mind, a focus of concentration  that had carried him from flights over Vietnam and the deserts of North Africa.  They entered the launch bay without saying a word to each other, each doing a  visual once over of the three red colored fighter bombers before climbing into  the cockpits to bring the engines to snarling life.

"Radio setting on mike chan 2. Duke will handle the Counter ECM, Dodge will go  for the defenses, I'll hit the main storage for the Crows. In and out, no fancy  shit."

"Aw... no barrel rolls?" Duke asked. "We should at least give them a nice low  flying middle finger before we shove rockets down their throats."

Cronis prepared his electronics for the flight and moved around in his election  seat as the plane was jostled by the catapult shuttle below. In a moment, the  warbird would be flung into the sky and another downtown excursion down hell's  highway would begin.

"30 seconds to launch." Came the computer voice over the comm link as Dodge  tensed on his control stick. He enjoyed the rush of impending conflict more than  anyone. Now came the last metallic noise as the shuttle and launch bar connected  and sent the fighters roaring up and out of the protective shelter of their  island cave.

"Airborne strike package! Tally Ho! Somebody give me a beer!"

"I'll give you a kiss."

"You two should get a life." Cronis mussed as he set his autopilot to fly the  plane 500 feet above the sea. "When we're five minutes out I want total  seriousness. 50 feet off the hard deck, guns cocked, and teeth showing. We're  going to leave a big smoking hole in the ground in a very short time. No return  flights."

Dodge popped a piece of gum in his mouth. "So... what was it really like in  France old man? You flew a glider in that war right?"

"Shut up Dodge." Cronis said with a smirk. "I was flying missions and dropping  bombs when you were still a glitter in your daddy's eye."

"You should ask him how he single handedly wiped out the whole German navy in  World War II. Talk about whoppers." Duke remarked. "Actually... he was the crazy  guy in Independence Day... In the words of my Generation, RUN TO CANADA!"

"Duke... if you ever get a real woman one of these days? I'll die happy."

"You're such a caring individual boss."

---------------------

ISO Medical Center

In Charleston

"Very well done!" Doctor Kraft noted as he watched Mark slowly move his legs on  the treadmill. "I see the right one still has problems?"

"Oh it's not a problem. My right leg is just telling me to go jump in the lake.  My left is healing faster and I don't know why."

"It's simple." Doctor Privalian remarked as he read the latest computer  figures. "The injury did less damage to the left working areas of the spine.  Most of the extended rebuild was to the right working neurons and neural links."

"In other words... not the fast recovery I'm hoping for huh?" Mark said with a  snarl as he pulled himself along the exercise rails and slipped back into his  chair. "This really sucks."

"Here we go again." Came the voice of Anderson as he walked into the room.  "You're always impatient Mark."

"And for good reason! So why are you here Chief? To talk to me about our  defector?"

"My but you're so gifted with foresight Mark. How did you get so good at that?"

"I didn't get it from being spanked. As for Jason? I talked to him. He's not  very happy."

Anderson leaned against the wall as Mark wheeled himself closer. "I understand  his frustrations but he's been counseled. It isn't easy for him, you, or anyone  else."

"I would like you to re-think putting her up in some isolation room Chief. I  think she's just a kid who made a wrong turn and ended up doing something she  thought was exciting but turned out totally messed up."

"You're asking me to pull a lot of strings and hairs Mark."

"I'm asking you to do something for Jason's sake. I need him to keep up his  good work as Commander. If being able to see this girl will do that? I want the  rules wavered."

Anderson frowned. "You're putting me in a spot here."

"I thought that was your job?"

"Don't tempt me."

-------------------------

5:57:17pm

Redline IP, Impulse 3 flight

Approaching Tinian Atoll

"Alright, here we go! Press 100 feet AGL, Turn on the pods, lets watch for the  SAMs and get some smacks!" Cronis pushed the nose of his fighter towards the  rushing water below with his wing men behind and above him. Ahead, the flat and  mostly sand covered Island of Tinian loomed in a shimmering wave of dissipating  ground heat.

"I got action below boss! Specks running for their guns and radars are starting  to look for a lock on!"

"Too late for them! Just makes it easier for us to take them out." Cronis  waited till he could see the clear lines of a SAM sight swinging around for a  shot before he depressed the guns button on his stick. The wing roots of his  plane exploded with yellow tracers and 30 millimeter Armor Exploding rounds and  sent the whole SAM mount flying into the air with trails of flame shooting from  the open rocket fuel tanks.

Below the three planes that now screamed over the base, Spectran Ensign Toka  stood near the armored doors of the underground hanger where the three Crow  mecha were being kept and took a long drag of a cigarette. The sudden wailing of  the alert Klaxons and the screams of soldiers as they ran by him took him by  surprise at first, then by shock as two large ground missiles streaked past his  shoulder and through the doors behind him. The explosions didn't come for a bout  a minute or two, enough time for the poor Ensign to look through the damaged  doors and get pulverized by the column of hell spawned flame as it thundered  from the depths...

"Yeah! Take that Lodger! Eat my six!" Dodge screamed with exultation as  secondary and third explosions ripped the ground above the bunker into a ghastly  thousand foot tall mushroom cloud.

Cronis flew through the malstrom of clouds to drop his own bombs on the 10,000  foot runway. The bombs were called "drillers" for their screw-like armored tips  that allowed them to spin and dig deep into the earth before exploding their  limited kiloton warheads and turning the runway into an un-repairable length of  tossed up furrow pits. He them went on to throw his remaining rockets at several  more SAM sights before calling the attack off. As the Red Rangers gained  altitude, Cronis looked back at what was once a menace of an airbase now turned  into a useless mount of cratered, smoking dirt.

"Bet they don't use that base again." Cronis smiled as he reached for his radio  mike and keyed a new channel. "This is Red Ranger One calling Chief Anderson...  Scratch one flying mecha base."

"A lot of people will be very happy to hear that. By the way Matt... Mark was  wondering if you were going to visit him again? He says friends usually don't  refuse dinner invites."

"Tell him I'll set the dates. Make it tomorrow, if I can fit him on my busy  schedule of kicking ass and looking good."

"Listen to him Duke... what a jerk!"

"Shut-up Dodge. Who brought you into this convo?"

*****

October 10, 1999
7:48am
Spectra Spy cell
Charleston S.C.

"What do you mean you can't find her!" Screamed the fat captain as he slammed  the table next to a subordinate. "Where could she hide?"

"We looked everywhere sir! She wasn't at the put up house or anywhere!" The  Spectran soldier said while he cringed. "We didn't even bother to have anyone  follow behind her, remember?"

"Oh yes... As I remember Zendak, you were the stupid bastard who advised me not  to do that since we're so handicapped around here."

The Captain pulled his pistol from a holster and killed the cowering man on the  spot. "Gydar!"

"You called Sir?"

The Captain holstered his weapon and snarled with a closed fist. "Take some of  your best men and go fetch that little Earther wench... do what you want with her  first but bring her back here alive. I want the pleasure of killing her myself.  And send the order along to start closing this cell down before the Federals get  wind of it."

The Spectran saluted and walked for the door as the Captain turned his back to  attend to other pressing matters. The only sound that tipped him off to the fact  that things were about to close sooner than he wished was the sick sound of  snapping bone.

"Son of a!" The fat man turned to take the end of a flying baseball bat in the  mouth. The collision sent him flying back and crashing into the table behind  him.

"Damn man!" Tiny harper remarked as he followed Jason through the broken  doorway he'd crashed through. "You didn't have to do that! Now the poor jerk  has to pay those high dental bills."

"He'll pay more after I get finished with him." Jason picked the bat off the  floor and took a full swing into the Spectra Captain's gut. "How do you like  getting hit you stupid fat bastard?"

"You!" The Captain reached for his gun and had his wrist shattered by another  of Jason's hard swings.

"I hate people who beat women... I tend to make them hurt before I let them  die." Jason took the bat and with effortless grace, slammed it into the poor  man's privates, lifted him off the floor, and hurled him head first into the  floor boards.

"Hey Jay? I think we'd like to get this dude back somewhat alive?"

"Harper? Go find things to do? Rig this place to explode or go make wall  decorations."

"Sucks to be you dude." Harper remarked to the coughing Spectran before he  walked out and caught a guy trying to tackle him. "Man... you people never  learn..."

"My big friend there likes to imprint people into stone walls. You should see  it, they go about two inches into the rock before they fall apart... You might  go, say... a foot?"

"Don't kill me!.... cough.... cough..."

"I can't hear you. I'm a bit deaf!" Jason took another swing on the man's left  knee cap. "Bastard! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you. In fact,  a little information would be nice. Some hints of future operations? Some  names? Base locations?"

The man fell silent.

"Dude... you are making this so hard. I sometimes hate myself for causing pain  but then again, I get so mad when people don't answer my questions. And you  know, when I get mad? I hurt people, I hurt them so bad that they..." Jason  grabbed the man's hair locks... "BEG FOR DEATH!"

"Now... you don't want to make me mad?.... do you? I'll do awful, terrible things  to you." Jason tapped the wooden bat against the floor for emphasis. It seemed  to get the man's attention since he suddenly relieved himself all over the  floor...

"That's.... not the answer I want! Looks like I'm gonna have to beat your ass  some more till I get the answer I want."

"I'LL TALK! I'LL TALK!..."

"That's better. Now see how easy that is?" Jason remarked with the bat hanging  over his shoulder.

------------------

Mark's house

8:15am


Princess came bolting through the front door and slammed it behind her. The  heavy panting from her mouth and the flush pallor told the story well.

"Let me guess? You didn't do as I told you?" Keyop snorted as he took the eggs  from her hands.

"Let me tell you Mister Horse Whisper know it all... That! Is not a sane  animal!"

"He doesn't like you."

"He doesn't like anybody! He doesn't like the world! He doesn't even like  himself!"

Mark appeared from the kitchen and wheeled over to where Igor was busy pounding  computer keys. "Oh? So you ran the Charlie gauntlet Prin?"

"That crazy feather duster belongs in a wax museum next to Ted Bundy! Or better  yet.... a pot."

"Don't you hurt him."

"Me hurt him? Oh how you jest." Princess said with a frown as she walked into  the kitchen. Mark smiled as the debate between horse whispering and meat cleaver  warfare continued.

"And she's your girlfriend Bird Brain?"

"Call it extra-hazardous duty. She's crabby before and after that time of the  month. Other times she's sort of O.K."

"I HEARD THAT!" Princess screamed from the kitchen. It made Mark curl up in  expectation of an explosion.

"You two are going to get married, have a bundle of kids and fight often. I can  see that coming." Igor said with a snicker.

"I can see a foot going up your ass if you keep on with that trash." Mark  replied. "Do you think I've completely lost my mind? Our relationship is wholly  respectful of each individuals desires for their interest and each other. Who  needs marriage?"

The sudden appearance of a miffed Princess with the look of impending death in  her eyes told a different story.

"I think we'd better shut up while we're ahead Bird Brain."

"Yeah.... it would be a good idea huh?" Mark gave Princess a smile and took a  friendly fist in return. "She really likes to joke when she's in a better  mood... honest."

"If you say so man. Your funeral." Igor said as he patted Mark's shoulder and  turned to Casio. "Any luck?"

"Don't bother me... I'm deep in the mood."

"You're always "deep" in something Casio." Igor remarked as he took a seat near  the African. "So?"

"Like I told you. I'm deep in the mood and if you mess with me I'll screw up  the whole process." Casio didn't even take his eyes off the screen as he scanned  over the assembled codes and programing lines in one of the chips he was trying  to crack. He was busy typing a new series of self made cracking codes into the  computer set up when....

"What the..?" Casio's face contorted as his screen suddenly went blank. "What  gives?"

"You broke it."

"My foot I did!" Casio pointed to the CPU light and remarked how the computer  was still running data. "Could be a defense virus but the unit would shut off  if that was the case."

By now, the whole LOFT group and Mark were crowding around the computer table  with bland wonderment as the screen came back to life. To Casio, there came only  a big toothy smile... "I don't believe it."

"What?" Asked Mark.

"I want to kiss your big crazy Rooster!"

"Like hell you do." Mark replied.

"No! That big feather duster mixed up my chips and I took this one off the  floor and stuck it on the board! This is it!"

"This is the chip?" Shotgun asked as he pointed to the screen. "No shit?"

Casio nodded. "I feel like giving that Rooster a big kiss!"

"I'll get him!" Keyop replied as he turned to walk for the door.

"NO!" Came every voice in the house. "SIT!"

Keyop quickly found a seat. "Make up your minds!"

Mark snickered as he looked closer at the computer screen. "Now we can have  some real fun at last."

"Not so Bird Brain." Casio replied. "We only broke the entrance code. It'll  take just a bit more to get to the meat of the chip itself. But that shouldn't  take long."

"Not as long as I'm taking to get back to my feet?" Mark said with a slight  frown as he wheeled from the living room into the kitchen. "So...."

"Don't even ask." Princess said as she watched Mark slip into the kitchen and  stop near the coffee maker.

"What? Is asking for breakfast a crime around here? After all... it is my house.  By the way, speaking of MY house!, Keyop!"

"Huh? I didn't do anything."

"That's right. You could have been nice and cleaned my bathroom after using it  for your own personal swimming pool!"

"I didn't think you could get into there with that chair Mark." Princess  remarked.

"I can't! I have to slide across the floor when everyone's asleep. Cept for a  certain kid who leaves his wet towel, PJ's, and two inches of water on the  floor!"

"Not my fault! I'm... not fully awake in the morning."

"Well I was when I hit that puddle of cold water!" Mark snapped back. "Next  time, clean up after yourself or you'll sleep in the hanger with Charlie."

Princess bent down and whispered in Mark's ear. "After seeing you this morning  in those wet PJ's of yours? I thought you had the accident."

"Yeah... walking into the bathroom after young Flipper over there."

Keyop stood somewhat sulking after such a barb of words but then, youthful  curiosity took hold. "I was wondering Mark? How do you.... get on the toilet  from the floor or the chair?"

"God help me?" Princess lamented. "I'm dealing with a child prodigy here. How  do you THINK he gets on it Keyop? You've seen him do it a thousand times."

"Could we just get to breakfast? I really don't want to go into details." Mark  said shaking his head as he wheeled over to the fridge for coffee creamer.

----------------

0945AM

Center Neptune

Conference room 12

In attendance.... Zark, Bogamill, Chief Anderson

Bogamill - We finished reviewing the Japanese girl's background. I dona think we  have much to really worry about... cept her current knowledge.

Zark - Limited memory erase then? And I've talked to the best plastic surgeon we  have available. The touches should be minor enough not to totally change her  looks. I think Jason is kind of fond of the way she looks.

Anderson - That... I can care less about Zark. Especially where Jason is  concerned.

Zark - You're going to send her back? Order Jason not to see her? I tend to  agree with Mark. Very unwise.

Bogamill - I for one wouldn't trust her a damn dime. Not after what happened to  Mark.. Damned Spectran bastards... she might try to do the same to Jason!

Anderson - May I remind you Bogamill that she's Earther? We've run exhaustive  testing to make sure of that.

Bogamill - How do we know it was a Spectran that blasted Mark? You're going on a  theory that Spectra has some really well trained gunners and that they wouldn't  try recruiting some heavy Earth hot shot to "do" the Commander. You remember how  Donald Wade got persuaded to join Spectra don't you?

Anderson - I need not be reminded of that thank you. Wade had personal troubles  and serious issues...

Bogamill - New Age words for treason huh? If I were you, I'd erase that girl's  brains and send her back to Japan to some obscure village in Fuji... before you  make another "serious issues" mistake.

Zark - I'm a bit cautious too Chief Anderson. I have to say that for the time  being, at least till we've made sure of safety, that Jason's visits with this  girl are passive and distant.

Anderson - You may know things by your circuits Zark, but I know things as a  human only would. After the surgery and mind cleaning process, I can't see this  girl being a viral threat, at least as far as letting Jason and Jason alone have  contact with her. We could supplant her Spectra period with some new identity  and skill... perhaps even a low order job with ISO medical on shore.

Bogamill - WHAT! You put her anywhere within a foot of my complex and you'd  better damn well re-program her whole head!

Bogamill storms out without hearing another word.

Zark - Have they always said that Irishmen were hot heads?

Anderson - Bogamill means well but he's not trustful of anyone save his own  thinking. Heck, he'd see little green men in his pocket if they were a threat to  galactic security. I'm sorry Zark... If Mark shows enough confidence to support  giving this girl a shot, I have to back it up. And Mark should be the one most  scared of Spectrans around every corner.

Zark - oh yes, especially after what he's been through. Shot in the back,  through the spine, through a lung, hanging near death for days, in shock,  operation after operation, all the pain and torture, self doubt and hate, I'll  never experience such things, even that spinal tap thing sounds terrible, you  know... I wanted to do something like that once by having my Universal ball  joints welded shut so I too might share empathy with Mark's struggles but I'm a  robot and empathy is an emotion we're....

Anderson - Oh Zark?

Zark - Yes?

Anderson - You're running the mouth again.

Zark - I can never figure when I'm doing that.

Anderson - I was there Zark. I've got scars from his finger nails when he got  those spinal taps. I don't need flashbacks and he doesn't need them too. You  really don't have to try and share... empathy. Please just be his friend and  don't remind him?

Zark - Sorry. I can't help myself. The whole experience intrigues me.

Anderson - Can we kindly get back to the other point of the day?

Zark - The other point?

Anderson - Sakashi? We should be talking about Sakashi now.

Zark - Oh.

---------------

Cherzov, Yugoslavia

The Bar None Bar.

1st... Albanian nationalist party leader... did it like a real man, young punk  with a 38 Tokerov... right in the head...

"You left me alive!"

17th... Croat Major showed more care for a child than his own life... how foolish.  Used a rifle that time...

"You left me alive!"

35th... Group of Croats on a road north of Speba... AK-47 with a scope... every  shot a head shot....

"You left me alive!"

100th...12 year old Moslem boy who followed his older brother with a Kalashnikov  barely bigger than he was.... he thought he was big.

"YOU LEFT ME ALIVE YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

"Hey? Korgan?" Anatoli Switzer said as he patted the drunken Slave on the back.  "Damn it... drank too much again? This isn't like you."

"Leave me alone!" The drunken Korgan snarled as he tried to turn about to grab  his tormentor. He found only the floor instead.

"Bah! You're barely able to swat air let alone anyone at all. What's gotten  into you? You never drank like this."

"I thought it was time to catch up." Korgan snarled. "I haven't had a good  time with myself since the damned wars! Leave me be!"

Switzer shook his head. "Fine! You just sit here in your torper and let some  Croat or Kosovarian scum fill your head with lead shot... see if Anatoli don't  bail your fat hide out again this time. Good night Gregali." Switzer left Korgan  to his pitiful existence.

"Damn him. What does that fool know." Korgan said to himself as he downed  another swig of Vodka. "Stevitch! Another drink!"

"Haven't you had enough? I'll have to fetch more if you..."

"Shut up and get me another drink! I'll tell you when I've had enough! And I  haven't had enough!"

"Fine... your liver." The bartender turned to pour another glass of Vodka as  Korgan turned his drunken body in the chair. It was then that he was seized by a  fit of fright so shocking, he grabbed his heart in a vain attempt to keep it in  his chest...

"You bastard... remember me?"

The face, the very looks, the clothing and jacket worn that day, filled Gregali  with horror. The figure pressed his wheel chair forward, his face growing more  intense...

The poor chair bound man was wondering what was up with the drunk leaning  against the bar with his hand clasping his heart. "What's wrong with you? Never  seen a man in a wheel chair before?"

"You crippled me you son of a bitch! You wreaked my body and left me in this  God damned chair! You're a butcher, a worthless life wrecking butchering...."

"Jerk. Do you mind moving your fat drunken ass out of my way?" The wheel chair  bound man ran his chair into Gregali's legs and it was all that set the drunken  sniper reaching for the pistol in his jacket...

"DO IT! KILL ME! FINISH THE DAMNED JOB AND KILL ME! KILL ME YOU COWARDLY..."

"Oh fuck!" The wheelchair bound man found himself flung to the floor with the  barrel of a magnum shoved in his face. Somehow, amidst all the torpor and affect  of intoxication, Gregali was able to pull on last bit of reason from his warped  mind. He ran from the Bar in a severe panic.

---------------

ISO Land Complex

8pm Charleston

Jason stopped for a moment to catch his thoughts before entering dimly lit room.  He stood looking for a moment at the ceiling in some contemplative thought  before he walked in. Vasha was sitting quietly on the bed till she saw him and  forgot all restraint as she grabbed him up and accepted his passion filled  kisses.

"Are you ok? They're doing everything for you?"

"Everything except calming my nerves." Vasha said as she held her hands  together. "What if this doesn't work? What if they leave me an empty shell or  something that I'm not?"

Jason pursed his lips. "I don't agree with the whole bit myself... changing a  person's memories and all, but... there's not other way to keep us safe. Short of  putting you in prison till the war ended or worse. Screw that shit."

Jason pulled Vasha close to him. "You know... for the first time in my life, and  my life's been pretty screwed, I never had a better feeling about another person  till I met you... I think... at least I might be sure... that you've been sent to  me at the right time in my life." Jason was breaking up, trying to restrain  emotions he'd never allowed to come to the surface before... "God damn it! I  need you."

Vasha watched him crack, ran a finger over his quivering mouth as tears flowed  from his eyes, and hushed him as she drew him into a hug. "Will you stay with  me?"

"To hell and back, I will stay with you." Jason replied as he cupped her head  softly between his trembling hands.." To hell and back... I will not let you go."
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]