If the Shoe Fits by Springie
[Reviews - 2] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

If the Shoe fits...Part 8

On board the escape pod, Katse tried to reach his missing Galactor Agent.

"Agent Garrison...this is Lord Katse...report immediately!" Katse grimaced as he heard static coming from his communicator. He summoned one of his goons. "Fix this thing, will you?"

"Yes sir, right away, sir..." The goon saluted and immediately tried to fix the communication device.

Katse leaned over on the control panel, his palms on his forehead. "We have the most sophisticated engineers on earth, but we can't even communicate properly..."

He looked down at the sack next to him. "At least I have you my dear...and the rest of the Science Ninja Team will soon be in my clutches."

He gently opened the sack to get a better look at his prisoner. A bound and gagged dummy wearing the same clothing as the thief and a wig fell out onto the floor.

"Damn you, Science Ninja Team!" Katse yelled defiantly.

Surveying the damage, Ken and the others tied up their prisoner and carried her to the Phoenix.

"You're going to have some explaining to do when we get to the Police Station." Ken quipped. He was relieved to have caught the imposter. Now, at least everyone won't be looking for Jun...once the story dies down...

Once the Galactor imposter was turned in, Jinpei and Ryu were ready to celebrate.

Ryu checked the time. "Not bad, team...we're done in time for dinner!"

"Yeah, let's cook a big dinner for sis! I'm sure she'll be happy we caught the thief!" Jinpei announced.

"Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to cook out at the Snack...I'll buzz Jun..." Ken grinned. "But don't forget, we still have to convince Katse that she's not a part of the team."

Ken tried to reach Jun, but there was no response. "That's funny...it seems like she's got her bracelet off."

"She was really acting funny this morning, too..." Jinpei put his hands on his hips. "She's probably pouting because she couldn't go on the mission with us."

"Don't worry about it, she'll get over it...she always does. We can try her by phone when we get home." Joe added.

At the Snack J, Ryu began grilling steaks, while Ken called Crescent Coral Base by phone. Dr. Nambu answered.

"Hakase, is Jun around? I need to speak with her."

"No, I haven't seen her. She's been in her living quarters all day." Nambu answered, scanning around to see if he caught a glimpse of her. "I'll go get her."

Nambu walked down the hallway and knocked on Jun's door. There was no answer. "Jun, I know you're upset, but I really need to speak to you." Nambu spoke gently, trying to coax her to the door. He tried the doorknob; the door opened easily. He found himself gazing into a dark empty room. Becoming alarmed, he rapidly walked through the hallways asking employees if they had seen her. It became obvious to Nambu that she had not come to the base as Ken had ordered.

Nambu picked up the phone. "Ken, she hasn't been here all day. Her room is dark...and no one has seen her here today. I can't imagine where she has gone...but we need to locate her... she could be in grave danger."

Ken hung up the phone and called out, "Close the grill, Ryu, we have more important things to do right now...Jun is missing!"

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]