A Christmas Wish by G2girl
[Reviews - 0] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
I could barely contain my glee as my fingers ran over and over the texture of the rang and shuriken. In my mind I could picture each item being used in the vast many battles that the now lain heros had fought. It even took a brief moment for Jerry to catch my attention to his families story.

He began by telling us of his mother, who had been through an extremely rough life before meeting up with his fathers family. He spoke of her trials with drug addictions and even prostitution. I must of look wide eyed to beat hell, because he stopped briefly to ensure me that it was only because of her own upbringing that lead her into that. After she had been caught stealing food from the local hangout, also known as Juns Joint, The owner felt sorry enough for her that she didn't press charges, the only thing she felt was necessary was rehabilitation.

A few months in there, and his mother Rhea was released. One thing that laid heavy upon her mind was to make restitution to Juns Joint. She was ecstatic to get a job in such a happening place. Along with the earned money she finally began making, her eyes became starry whenever she happened to wait on Juns family. There happened to be four young males, two of which really caught her attention. After much trying, she seemed to fail at every attempt. Each time though, the chosen gentleman would be kind, proving to be a battle for even them.

Finally my mother met my father, it was after an extremely close call mission and the Doctors nerves were frayed to what seemed to be beyond repair. Mom seemed to know how to handle such an uptight man, and spent the next twelve hours in his private quarters. Nine months later I was born.

Now dad finally came to his senses (as he called it), and did everything to discourage my mother from continuing to live in the area. It was only after I was mentioned, and later blood testing, that made him change his mind. Too bad, he still wanted nothing to do with her, it was more of a "duty" to him to take care of me. My mother overdosed on drugs when I was only two and my world hasn't been the same since.

See, when I was born, my dad did all he could to keep my identity a secret from the rest of my family. Said something about how it was for the security of our world, that no one knew of me or at least that I was his. Shortly after my mothers death,I went to live with him for the first time.

Imagine my fathers dismay at trying to raise an all ready opinionated child. It wasn't long before I was spending all but one month with each member of the team. First I was shipped to my sisters house. It was there, that I felt like I had the most stability. Jun would always try to pamper me, and encourage me to try new things. She never knew that it was her cooking that was the scariest thing to attempt. I would also be there the longest cause Ken and Jinpei each claimed that their time with me was when I was with her. Sometimes even Ryu would use a little of his time with her too.

When I would go and live with Ryu, we mostly worked on a fishing pier. Some days we would be on the great seas till the end of his "shift". I found it to be relaxing to be out there with him and his fellow sea mates. It was the best though when Jinpei could join up, he always found ways to get us in trouble.

Time with Joe was always an experience. He would travel the racing circuit, and it was with him that I learned more about the birds and the bees. Except the time I walked in on Jun and Ken. Joe even had a stripper babysit me once in a hotel room. I was probably around ten and she was drunk, needless to say, he pleaded with me to not tell my father. Little did he know, that there was no fear of that, for I had just had the time of my life.

Jerry was so deep in past memories that he barely heard my mothers own gasp, at his latest revolution. When he did come back to us, cheeks bright with embarrassment, he quickly changed his direction.

So you see, thats what it was like growing up with a family like mine. It has been something that I never will forget, and I'm so happy to be able to have shared it with you.

Mother seemed glad when he had finished he in depth insight. Still she asked one more question " So did your brothers and sisters ever have any families of their own?"

Jerrys eyes began to get a little misty as he replied. "No, not a single one did. They all blamed it on the war, said they didn't want to have any potential targets in further wars. It's a shame though, I would have loved to have had someone more around my age, in this family."

We continued to chat well into that Christmas night, so long that I had fell asleep on the chair with my two greatest gifts tucked tightly beside me.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]