Blast From the Past by Springie
[Reviews - 1] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Blast from the Past -2

The sun was setting as Jun parked her bike behind some nearby trees, and watched as Jinpei padded close behind her. Peeking through the trees at the base entrance, she realized that infiltration would be no easy task. She tried to reach the rest of the team via wristband and heard only static on the other end. This gave her even more cause for concern. She sat still, her little brother at her side, and watched the guards at the entrance. What would Ken do?

Fortunately for the siblings, a truck drove up to the entrance and stopped for inspection. This was their chance to sneak into the base and rescue their comrades. They waited patiently for the supply truck to get the green light to enter the base, and then slipped into the back unnoticed by the guards.

The drivers took them into the supply warehouse, where they peeked out of rusty holes and noticed what looked like millions of crates full of guns and ammunition.

They crouched low when the truck stopped, and they heard the sound of slamming truck doors as two men approached the rear of the vehicle.

The men were quickly knocked out by a yoyo and bolos as they opened the rear hatch, and drug into the truck where they were promptly relieved of their Galactor uniforms.

Although they now had disguises, they realized that Jinpei, being so small, and Jun, with her long, dark curls, might draw unwanted attention. The pair continued to slip through the shadows, searching for the remainder of the team.

The base was huge, with endless, winding corridors. Each new hallway they entered looked exactly like the one before it. Ultimately, they heard voices up ahead discussing plans for the prisoners.

"So they'll be executed on a live broadcast, huh?"

"Yeah, Lord Katse thinks it will cause the other two Science Ninjas to give up. All that's left is just a puny kid and a girl, anyway. We should be able to take care of them easy."

One of the guards elbowed his comrade. "I hear the Captain wants a piece of that Swan before we put her on the chopping block. I'd like a piece of that, too. Heh-heh."

"I know what you mean..."

Sinister laughter echoed through the halls as the guards continued to talk about the Swan in a derogatory manner.

Jun remained in the shadows holding back her feisty little brother.

"Let me go, Sis, I'm gonna teach those bastards a lesson they'll never forget!!!" He whispered angrily as she tightened her grip.

"Shut up, Jinpei! We can't afford to lose our cover. Ken and the others are in serious trouble right now! We have to find them!" The Swan hissed, her voice muffled by the large Goon mask, which kept sliding down lower over her face.

She thought a moment, and pulled her brother with her into a narrow passage, where she had noticed a small ventilation shaft. "We have to find them...but it will all be over if they catch us together. You crawl through the ventilation shaft and look for them. Call me as soon as you get any information, ok?"

Jinpei's face was grim as he nodded and crawled into the shaft.

Jun whispered to him one last time as he crawled off in search of the team.

"And don't make any moves without me! Be careful!"

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]