Traitor's Pass by Daniella T
[Reviews - 18] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Daniella says: warnings -- Zark, mild swearing.

Chapter 7

The remaining members of G-Force were gathered around Anderson's briefing table, poring over maps.

"We've received confirmation from Susan. The ship that we think, according to the images we received from Traitor's Pass, Jason is on, was indeed heading for Spectra. It crossed into the area of the Crab Nebulae a few hours ago. It our estimations are correct, Jason is now a captive on Spectra. Now, we know that Spectra does not bother with the inter-galactic conventions on the treatment of prisoners of war..."

"But Chief, that means we have to rescue him as quickly as possible!" cried Princess.

"Don't worry, Princess", said Tiny. "Jason is strong, he can take anything they throw at him".

Princess turned around, her eyes flashing.

"How can you say that? How dare you?"

"Hey, calm down!" Tiny put up his arms in defence.

"We are sitting here talking, while he's being tortured!"

"A rescue mission that's not planned properly is suicide!" snapped Tiny.

"No use...beep...toot...fighting", spluttered Keyop sadly.

"Keyop's right", said Anderson. "We don't gain anything by arguing. I understand your anguish, but you need to keep focused. Zark in calculating your route to Spectra, so that you can make the best possible time. According to the intelligence we have, Jason may be held here...or here or here", he pointed on a map. "Expect heavy opposition. Your priority is to rescue Jason, not engage in battle unless absolutely necessary. Get in, get him out and come back as quickly as possible!"

"G-Force!" they all saluted and ran out of the room. But Anderson had not finished yet.

"Commander? Stay behind, please".

Mark turned warily.

"Chief, if this is about your suspicions again..."

"Yes, Commander, it is", said Anderson woodenly. "I want you to use the cover of the rescue mission in order to discover how Spectra knew about the data transfer. I want you to try to uncover whether Jason had anything to do with it -- DON'T INTERRUPT ME, DAMN IT! And if he tries to stop you, I want you to shoot him".


To be continued

Please review!
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]