Alpha & Omega by Candi Gomez
[Reviews - 3] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

One dignitary stood up. 

 

"Mr. Vohnyer, I represent the kingdom of Monarinsu.  Are you going to take over complete funding?"

 

"Do you mean, will others still be allowed to contribute funds?"  Vonhyer replied.

 

"Yes sir."

 

"Anyone who wishes to contribute to the KNT may.  And I understand your interest.  I remember what service the team did for the Queen and her country during the first war."

 

"Well, Monsieur Vohnyer," said the French representative, "if you are willing to undertake this grand operation, I see no reason to oppose you."

 

"Agreed," said lead dignitary Ehglebert, secretly relieved, with Nambu gone, to have the whole matter of the KNT out of his hands. "All in favor-"

 

"Now just HOLD ON a minute!"  roared a voice from the shadows in the ceiling.  As the representatives looked around in surprise, Joe, diving like his namesake, hit the floor of the assembly room dead-center.

 

"We've fought our whole lives for this planet!  First you discuss throwing us away, then you decide to turn us over to some namby-pamby spoiled rich kid for his personal collection!  And on top of THAT, you pampered half-brained idiots plan to give him authority to enlarge his toy box for more tin soldiers!"

 

"Now look here," said Ehglebert, "you just can't barge in here and-"  He gulped, staring at the feather quivering in the desk in front of him.

 

Vohnyer calmly interrupted: "Gentlemen, please."  He stepped down and walked towards Joe.

 

"Condor, I promise you and your team this:  no more stolen childhoods."

 

The remark put Joe off balance.  Recovering himself, he crossed his arms and gave Vohnyer a "prove-it" look.

 

"Saving details for later, the broad plan is that I will begin world-wide testing of physical and mental qualities as soon as I get permission from this council. Within two years, recruitment and training of qualifying candidates will begin."  Vohnyer firmly faced Joe as he addressed both him and the council.  "However, all participants must be of an age to pass their 16th birthday by three days before the final recruitment date.  Although, there will be a preference for orphans."

 

"After recruitment, time will be spent in training and weeding out those who are not Ninja material."  Vohnyer turned and looked Joe directly in the eye.  "For that, I will need the KNT's help, for who will know better what makes a Ninja?"  Breaking contact, he continued to address the room.

 

"After the final choices for the second-generation KNT are made, the ones who are not picked will be given appropriate jobs, some as support personnel for the team.  They will also be available in case some replacements are needed quickly.  The five to ten who make it to the top will begin training in earnest."

 

"One thing will always remain constant:  no children.  I mean no insult to G-4, but there will be no more children fighting, no more stolen youth."  Vohnyer paused in front of Joe again, piercing him with a firm but gentle gaze.

 

Joe scowled.  Ehglebert grabbed his chance.

 

"All in favor of both proposals, say 'Aye'!"

 

The vote was unanimous. 
Chapter End Notes:
Joe is NOT going to forget this.
~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]