Blast From the Past by Springie
[Reviews - 1] - Table of Contents - [Report This]

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Blast from the Past- 8

The next morning, Ken, Jinpei and Jun arrived to pick up Neil. Neil was wheeled out to Jinpei's buggy. Jun and Ken rode together on her bike. Neil was carefully transported to Ken's place at the airfield. He was still tender from the blast.

He entered the shack and sat down gingerly on the couch.

"Are you ok, Neil? What can I get for you? Something to drink?" Jun scurried around, trying to make her friend comfortable. She worried incessantly that Ken would treat him poorly during his stay. After all, Ken wasn't known for his hospitality.

"No, I'm fine, Jun. Sit down. Stop worrying about me." Neil responded politely. He was amused by her attention.

Jinpei motioned for Ken to join him in the kitchen.

"What is it, Jinpei?"

"Big Bro, didn't you notice how Jun is falling all over herself for this guy? We gotta do something about this! She's falling in love with a Gallactor agent!" Jinpei's voice grew louder with excitement as he finished speaking. Ken cupped his hand over the youngster's mouth.

"Shut up! They'll hear you!" Ken surveyed the room for a second and listened to the pair chattering away together in the living room. "Quit it...you're overreacting! That guy in there is just an old friend!"

"Ok, Bro, whatever you say! But don't come crying to me when she says she's getting married!" Jinpei wore an arrogant expression as he turned back through the kitchen to join Jun and Neil. Ken huffed and followed close behind.

Jun turned toward Ken and Jinpei, "Hey! I'm glad you two decided to join us! Ken, do you think you could give Neil your bed...just for a little while? He's just so sore..."

Ken's eyes widened; he saw Jinpei standing behind the couple with his hands folded under his face mocking Jun as he batted his eyelashes. "Uhhhhhh, sure...no problem. I'll just sleep on the couch."

Jun helped her patient off of the couch and into Ken's bed. She fluffed the pillow, and pulled the sheets over him. Then she sat on the side of the bed.

"Comfy?"

Neil nodded, he felt a little awkward about taking over Ken's bed, but Jun had insisted.

"Listen...Neil; I want to apologize for all the trouble I've caused you. I promise we'll straighten it out. Joe is on his way to rescue your parents as we speak." Jun gazed at the floor. "I should've given us more time when I set the explosives. It's my fault you got hurt, too."

"Don't worry, Jun. How were you supposed to know you'd be detained by the soldiers? I'm just glad we all got out of there in one piece!" He looked down at the stitches on his chest, and grinned. "Well, almost one piece!"

Ken and Jinpei stood in the doorway, observing the interaction between Jun and Neil.

Jun leaned in and kissed Neil on the forehead, "Now you behave while I'm gone. Stay in bed and rest! That's an order!" She teased.

Jinpei elbowed Ken and whispered, "See...I was right!"

Ken frowned at the Swallow and turned away.

Jun tugged at Jinpei's arm. "Come on, Jinpei. We need to go set up for the lunch crowd. See you later, Ken!"

He scowled back in disapproval. Now, what am I going to do? This jerk has to stay with me. I'm not going to entertain him..."

"I'll be out in the hanger working on my plane." He called out to Neil. "Call me if you need anything."

~ Table of Contents ~
[Report This]